***The pictures that has shown below are in high definition, so pls refresh the page if there is any picture not showing well. Thanks for viewing & appreciate for your help to click on the ads to support me.

Thursday 21 August 2014

Flowering Season 4 - Featuring blooming female Nepenthes~

Menu today~

Appetizer:
As I had received an email invitation from Baba, I attended the "Cactus Fiesta" held at Queensbay last Sunday. It was presented by Mr. Kok, with 20++years of experience with cactus and ornament plants planting.

Through out the whole activity, I have discovered
1. How the cacti get pregnant?
2. How many thousands of seed can you get from a cacti berry?
3. How to take care of cactus/ how to growth it in indoor?
And more...


I'm bit of surprised when I reached there as there were so many types of cute cactus had been shown. I'm hereby attached a photo of what I had gotten from there.




Side dish:
Long bean... It was planted by my mum although we children don't like it very much. But it is good that we can explore the growing process of the long bean. XD






The flower of the long bean...


Rosemary! Due to boredom of my little sem break, I have took back my gardening stuff again. When I go to the gardening shop, I was really excited that I could saw some herbs had been sold here as our country's climate seems like not suitable for planting most of the herbs. But since I saw it, I just took it as challenge. Hope that it will be living here exuberantly. Therefore I can be a good Italian chef fumbling & fooling with different kind of herbs afterwards. XD


Thai Basil that planted by cuttage.


Unknown reddish fruit planted by my mum.



Main course:
Finally I got one female nepenthes blooming in my garden! As both of my previous bloomed nepenthes are male, I'm really glad that it is a female when I saw it. For those who don't know, only 30% of nepenthes are female, the rest 70% are male. Actually my garden had not been caring quite a time since I went to a college since this april. Some of plant died one after the other. Especially my Dionaea and all those my nepenthes seedling. I hope that I will have caring them much more. So I'm kind of amazed when I saw one my carnivorous plant thriving again without much more care.




The upper pitcher.


I'm waiting for the pollen of male nepenthes. Although I got keep some pollen of previous bloomed N. Miranda, but the success rate still a question as the freshness determines every thing I think. Perhaps I can get some fresh one from the local seller.


Dessert:
Forest Moss.
I bought a new type of moss made by famous company "Hagen". It says to be used for tropical terrarium. It can be expended into 7 liter after soaked it into water. I had done so today and it came out quite a lot, but I dunno whether the statement of 7 liter it claims to be true or not since I have no ideal of proper method to measure it. But one thing that disappointed me is the smell and the cleansing process of the moss. I rinsed more than 10 times I can say but a weird smell still exist. And the water still muddy. I wonder why branded moss will be more difficult to be cleansed than a local packed moss. But despite all those bad experience I had with it, it can be considered too if u want the quantity but with a little diminished quality although it is made by a branded company.




No comments:

Post a Comment