***The pictures that has shown below are in high definition, so pls refresh the page if there is any picture not showing well. Thanks for viewing & appreciate for your help to click on the ads to support me.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

D.I.Y. Bulk Flower Pot Hanger (Bed slats recycle!)

At first, I would like to introduce my Euodia ridleyi (Euodia hortensis cv. Lacy Lady), or so called Evodia or Spider Fern Bush. After doing some experiment, I found that it will be more goldenish or yellowish if more sunlight was given. The right one was the one that more sunlight was given. It may not noticed much viewing from the picture but it's really a huge different when looking them through  your naked eye.


 Guess what's this? Yes, it was made from 2 pieces of slatted bed base. It was just an opportunity that I saw some people was throwing the base away. As I'm always encourage to reduce, reuse and recycle especially in my garden, so I'm just taking it back and finding out what can it be. They are my flower pot hanger now! I can hang over 100 pieces this type of small "Baba" pot on it. It was nice that helped me to save up a lot of space for me. Now I can propagate even more and send them as a gift to others besides decorating my garden.

 

I can grow other things now at the same place.(My plant growing area)

2 comments:

  1. Wah... i like your garden, How i wish i have so much space. (I m staying in apartment)

    I was searching about Euodia ridleyi and came abt your blog. Mine is dying. It was growing nicely and bushy. A month ago, it turned yellowish and now one side dry off and almost botak. The other side still ok. I am finding way to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plant requires much water especially on hot season. Trim it vital n let it regrow with new leaves.

    ReplyDelete